One of the biggest barriers for businesses getting their marketing moving is a lack of funding. Marketing is one of those things you have to invest in to see a return.
If your business could do with some extra funding for marketing and you’re based in the Leeds region, which includes Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Castleford, Pontefract, Selby, Wakefield and York, you can apply for up to £5,000 of matched funding towards digital marketing support from the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) via Digital Enterprise.
Funding to take your marketing to the next level
The Digital Enterprise support programme is aimed at businesses, like yours, who want to take advantage of digital technology to improve to grow their company.
Digital Enterprise vouchers range from £1,000 to £5,000 and need to be matched by funding from your business.
The scheme offers funding up to 40% of the total value of an investment, with 60% funded by the applicant. For example, if you need £10,000 you’d apply for £4,000 from the Digital Growth scheme and invest £6,000 yourself.
Vouchers aren’t just available for investments in digital marketing. You can also apply for help with App Development, Digital connectivity and Broadband, IT hardware, Software, Website development and VoIP phone systems.
How do I get funding for my marketing?
The Marketing Optimist is a registered supplier of marketing consultancy, digital marketing, SEO and Social media marketing with Digital Enterprise. We’re more than happy to talk to you about what your businesses requirements are and how to structure an application for marketing funding.
I’ll develop your full marketing strategy, positioning and approach to ensure you have a structured measurable marketing plan.
Planning is vital to the success of any marketing strategy. I’ll help you get the most from your marketing budget and exceed your KPI’s.
Having a great website is only part of the whole digital marketing package. I’ll help you drive sales through SEO, Social Media, Email and Paid ads.
Is my business eligible for marketing funding?
There’s a list of different criteria that businesses need to meet to be eligible for the voucher scheme. For a more detailed description of the criteria visit the Digital Enterprise website.
- Businesses must have their headquarters or main operation in the Leeds City Region.
- Have fewer than 250 employees.
- Have an annual turnover below €50 million roughly £42,000,000 (based on last published accounts).
- Have not received funding from any national or local public sector scheme, in excess of €200,000 (around £170,000) over the previous 3 financial years.
- Businesses must have at least 6 months trading history. A proportion of funding will be targeted at younger firms that have been trading for between 1 and 3 years.
- Applicants will be given 3 months to complete their investment, from the point of receiving approval for a voucher. After this time, Digital Enterprise reserves the right to cancel the voucher.
- Voucher applications can be for either one or for a bundle of solutions. Three written quotations will be required for each solution.
Marketing Optimist conducted a website health check for one of my businesses recently – we were delighted with the results. The report he produced was exactly what we needed: clear, comprehensive and easily actionable. Their powerful mix of skills means that they offer advice on the technical aspects that will improve SEO and gain more traffic, as well as broader marketing advice that will help convert visitors once they reach the site.Simon Walker
Richard is indeed The Marketing Optimist. He had to be with our lack of knowledge in digital marketing. He supported us with strategic and tactical advice. He was creative offering proactive ideas that were relevant, fresh and original. He also offered practical support helping us to manage the tangle of digital marketing options with ease.
Great to work with. Very Experienced. Sleeves rolled up and ready to muck in – perfect combination. We would recommend Richard and will be using his services again soon.Tina Davies