Social media marketing for Sharp Consultancy
Sharp Consultancy has, for over 30 years, been a leader in Yorkshire’s finance and accountancy recruitment market. With offices in Leeds and Sheffield they support a range of businesses including FTSE listed companies, Investment banks, international private equity houses and Big 4/Top 10 firms of accountants and smaller regional firms.
Staff retention and internal development is quite possibly the best in the region with many of their team beyond the 10 year and even 20-year employment mark and many of their managers and directors who have risen from the ranks of trainees. However, Sharp believed they hid their light under a bushel and wanted the help of the Marketing Optimist to spread this message more widely, via their social media channels, to gain even greater recognition and interaction with their clients and candidates, both current and future.
Sharp Consultancy a B2B social media case study
Sharp Consultancy sits within the B2B world, but its audiences are both businesses (prospective commercial clients), and individuals, looking for a new position within Finance and Accountancy. As these are professional audiences, we identified that LinkedIn was the perfect platform to use as the main vehicle for their social media strategy.
As you would expect, Sharp had already amassed a good following on LinkedIn, with their team of recruiters, in Leeds and Sheffield, constantly using the social media platform in their daily work.
To lift this activity we reviewed and updated The Sharp Consultancy LinkedIn business page and began running content and campaigns which supported their existing activity and raised their profile. Our team created a bespoke social media marketing strategy covering LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, to connect their marketing efforts, and drive results.
To form this strategy, we got to work:
- Conducting a full review of their industry, and their target audience, and identifying key drivers to enable us to develop a whole marketing strategy for the business.
- Creating a marketing strategy which outlines a B2B social media plan for the whole year, plotting key dates, events and updates.
- Crafting detailed social media plans for each month, to be pre-approved by the Sharp Consultancy team
- Creating graphics, animations, and videos, to support monthly campaigns
- Designing job ad templates, with embedded videos, to increase impressions and coverage of their in-house job posts.
- Maximising the social media followings on all accounts and managing all interactions and responses on behalf of Sharp Consultancy
- Attending their external events and creating posts with photos and videos to use on social channels.
- Holding monthly review meetings with the team, to look back at past performance, and look at new upcoming plans.
In the first 6 months of managing social media for Sharp Consultancy, The Marketing Optimist achieved the following:
- Followers + 18%
- Visitors + 59%
- Impressions +131%
- Clicks +798%
- Engagement +137%
- Unprompted recognition of social media content from clients and candidates
- Created an effective B2B social media marketing strategy which drove results
- Shot and published a bespoke video of the Leeds office to position it as a desirable place to work
- Created graphic templates to be used by the internal team for job posting
Right from the beginning of our time working with The Marketing Optimist, they’ve taken the time and effort to get to understand Sharp Consultancy as a business and not just a client. We’ve seen a huge increase in the effectiveness of our social media strategy, particularly on LinkedIn and we’re delighted with the impact it’s had on the business.