We’re looking for a Marketing Executive to join our growing team in Central Leeds. This is the ideal opportunity for someone to join a small team of marketers and create a career for themselves. We work across a wide range of clients offing a range of marketing services including Marketing Consultation, Social Media, SEO, Email Marketing and paid advertising.
The Marketing Optimist helps businesses who don’t have a marketing department, to have a marketing department. We offer owner lead, dynamic businesses a one stop agile marketing solution which delivers fast results and business insight based on a long-term strategy. Since launching in 2016 we’ve helped over 70 businesses drive their growth forward and we are going to be helping a lot more over the coming years.
We’re really keen to give someone hands on insight and experience working in a fast moving marketing environment, so we offer a great salary and incentives to the right person.
Above all else, we are looking for someone with the same ethos as The Marketing Optimist, we pride ourselves on being very down to earth, collaborative and fun. Our clients are varied and interesting and the projects we help with are fast moving and very involved.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who lives and breathes marketing, advertising and creative culture.
- Someone who can place themselves in our client’s shoes and understand what makes their customers love them.
- Someone who is able to take an idea and distil it down into a communication which will drive a response.
- A constantly curious person, always learning new ideas and techniques to further their marketing knowledge.
- A tech native who’s happy to switch from laptop, to mobile using Outlook, Word, Excel, Hootsuite, Canva, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor and beyond.
- Someone who is really excited about using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SnapChat and any other channels which arrive to ensure our clients marketing hits the spot.
- An analytical mind, not just interested in reach but understanding how marketing generates conversion for our clients.
What skills do you need
- Excellent and creative written English. A stickler for getting the content right but also not afraid adapt where it’s needed
- Experience with Microsoft packages, WordPress, Social Media tools and range of other online platforms
- Experience of Search Engine Optimisation utilising Moz, and similar SEO tools and packages
- Understanding of Keyword research
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent personal and project management skills
What’s on offer?
- The chance to build your career with an exciting marketing consultancy
- Varied fast moving projects
- 20 days starting holiday plus your birthday off
- One duvet day per year
- One day additional holiday after two year’s service. One additional day added for every year after, up to a total of 5 additional days
- Flexible working
- Target based profit sharing options
- Pension contributions
- Additional training to continue further development
- Encouragement to progress within the business
- Quarterly appraisals
- Office space in central Leeds